CORN BHEL COUSCOUS
INSPIRED BY DAD
DIFFICULTY EASY TIME LESS THAN 30 MINUTES
INGREDIENTS (SERVES 2)
- 1 c pearled couscous
- 10 oz frozen bag sweet corn
- 1/2 small red onion (finely julienned)
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 juice of a lime
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp mirchi
- 1/4 tsp haldi
- 1/2 tsp pav bhaji masala
- 1/4 tsp hing
- 1 tsp dhana jeeru
- 6 fresh or frozen curry leaves
- 1 tsp adu marcha (or to taste)
- 3 small vine ripened tomatoes (diced)
- salt to taste
- freshly chopped cilantro for garnish
- Prepare the couscous according to the instruction on the package. Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil over medium-low heat.
- Add the cumin seeds and let sizzle for about 30 seconds.
- Add the onions and sauté until translucent.
- Add the mirchi and haldi. Stir well and toast for about a minute.
- Add the tomatoes and cook until the tomato smell goes away (about 3-5 minutes).
- Add the dhana jeeru, hing, pav bhaji masala and the lime juice. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add the corn and cook until corn is thoroughly cooked inside. About 3-5 minutes.
- Prepare by serving some couscous with this corn bhel on top. Garnish with cilantro and serve.