PALETTE MAIL & KEY ORGANIZER
I love DIY's (just stalk me on Insta and you'll know I'm all about them!). But since we've been married, there's less of a need for DIY because the HUBS had almost everything I needed. He did however leave his mail/coupons strewn about on our bartop counter, so I started brainstorming. Out came this little charmer. We all know I'm obsessed with pallets (and palettes!), so it was only fitting for this to happen.
- craft pallet
- mason jars
- hose repair clamps
- mail holder
- bamboo drawer organizers
- flowers/accessories to beautify
- hooks for the keys
- screws & drill (can use a screw driver also)
- arrange the pallet the way you like by placing the mason jars and mail holder in different spots. once you find a position you like, mark the pieces spots on the pallet with a pencil.
- drill in the mail holder
- if you decide to use mason jars:
- undo the clamps
- drill a hole through the clamp using a drill bit according to the size of your screws
- now attach the clamp to the allocated spot for the mason jar by drilling using a screw into you newly formed hole in your clamp
- place the mason jar in the clamp and close the clamp tight until it holds the mason jar on its own.
- accessorize according to your style. I wanted to use flowers & succulents to add some softness to this otherwise pretty industrial looking organizer.
- drill in your hooks for your keys to hang on.
- the bamboo organizers are also tricky. place them in the spot you note earlier. if you are using a drill you might have a hard time going straight so I drilled at an angle. also these organizers are delicate, so don't drill to close to an edge otherwise they may chip.