A little bit ago I posted my mom's spicy spaghetti recipe (check out that recipe here). Spicy spaghetti was the kid favorite - a welcome variety from RDBS (rotli daal baath shaak). This recipe uses the sauce from spicy spaghetti but on top of naan with a touch of laughing cow & parm cheeses.
SPICY NAAN PIZZA RECIPE
KITCHEN CHARISMA SHAH
INGREDIENTS (3 personal naan pizzas)
- 3 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1 box of mushrooms (diced)
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 onion (diced)
- 1/2 bell pepper (julienned)
- 1 tbs dhana jeeru (ground coriander & cumin)
- 1/2 tsp pav bhaji masala
- 1 1/2 tbs mirchi (or red pepper to taste)
- pinch of haldi (ground tumeric)
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 2 laughing cow light swiss cheese wedges
- grated parmesan
- 1/2 bottle of tomato pasta sauce of choice (we like Rao's arrabbiata sauce)
- 3 garlic naans (trader joes/stone baked)
- Heat the olive oil over low heat. Add the garlic and sauté until golden.
- Add the onions and sauté until translucent.
- Add your masalas: dhana jeeru, haldi, pav bhaji masala. Stir until onions are evenly coated.
- Add the mushrooms and cook until reduced in size (~3min).
- Add the spinach and cook until wilted.
- Prepare the naan by brushing with olive oil/butter.
- Ladle some of the pasta sauce on the naan and spread. Add the julienned peppers.
- Add laughing cow cheese and parmesan. Bake until desired crispiness at 350F.