CREAMY BLACK BEAN BURRITOS
This recipe is pretty easy, very delicious, and definitely a household staple. Maybe even a college staple. I think I started making these when canned foods were my go to. And if I were honest, sometimes thats all I want to do. Open a can of something and chill out to FRIENDS.
CREAMY BLACK BEAN BURRITOS RECIPE
KITCHEN CHARISMA SHAH
INGREDIENTS (6-8 BURRITOS)
- 2 cans of black beans (drained & rinsed)
- 3 tbs of cream cheese
- 1/2 leek chopped
- 5 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 yellow onion (diced)
- 1 bell pepper (diced)
- 1 jalapeno (minced)
- 2 tbs olive oil
- salt to taste
- tortillas of choice
- salsa of choice
- Heat the oil in a medium skillet or wok.
- Add the garlic and saute.
- Add minced jalapeño peppers and sauté.
- Once the garlic is golden, add chopped onion and leek. Cook until both become somewhat translucent.
- Add the bell pepper and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Drain and rinse the canned black beans. Add & cook until beans are tender.
- Fold in the cream cheese until dispersed evenly and lower heat.
- Salt to taste.
- Wrap mixture in tortilla and serve with salsa.