HAKKA NOODLES RECIPE
KITCHEN THE HUBS
INGREDIENTS (SERVES 4-6)
- 1 green bell pepper (julienned)
- 1 yellow pepper (julienned)
- 1 red onion (julienned)
- 1/2 bunch of green onions (finely chopped)
- 1/2 salad bag of cabbage & carrot slaw
- 1 block of extra firm tofu
- 1 bunch of green onions (diced)
- 1/2 bag of manischewitz fine egg noodles
- 1/3 bottle of this red chilli sauce
- 1/3 bottle of this green chilli sauce
- 4 tbs of (olive) oil
- 1 tbs of minced garlic
- ONE HOUR BEFORE: remove tofu from packaging and lightly squeeze extra juice out. Lay out on paper towels to absorb any remaining liquid for an hour - change paper towel if necessary.
- Make noodles as per instructions on package and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together: 1 tbs oil, 1 tbs cornstarch, 1 tsp red chili sauce and 1 tsp green chili sauce. Cut tofu into 1 inch cubes and coat evenly with this mixture in the mixing bowl.
- In a large wok or nonstick pot, heat the remaining oil over medium heat and fry the tofu. Be sure to flip tofu so each side gets evenly cooked and browned/cripsy.
- Remove tofu when browned/crispy and set aside in bowl. Try to keep the oil in the wok/pot so you can reuse it for the next step.
- In the same wok/pot, saute the garlic until golden brown.
- Add the julienned onions and saute until transparent.
- Add the julienned green and red peppers. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add the carrots & cabbage slaw. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the sauces (green & red) and stir until mixed evenly.
- Add tofu and noodles and mix.
- OPTIONAL: add eggs.
- Garnish with green onions and serve!