CHURRO PUMPKIN FUNNEL CAKE RECIPE
KITCHEN CHARISMA SHAH
INGREDIENTS (SERVES 12-14 PERSONAL FUNNEL CAKES)
- 1 pint olive oil (for frying)
- 1.5 c all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon (ground)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 c packed brown sugar
- 3/4 c canned pumpkin pie filling
- 1 c milk
- 1/3 c granulated white sugar
- 1/3 c granola
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
- vanilla bean ice cream
- Heat the oil for frying.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, 1 tsp cinnamon, and salt.
- Beat the egg, brown sugar, pumpkin pie filling, and milk together until well blended.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients until all has been well mixed.
- In a shallow wide plate, mix the remaining 1 tsp of cinnamon with the granulated white sugar for dipping.
- Pour the batter into a plastic funnel. Cut open a 1/2 inch hole at the tip of the funnel. Squeeze into the frying oil.
- Fry until golden brown on both sides (flip).
- Dip into the cinnamon sugar. Top with vanilla bean and toasted oats.