With new years, come new resolutions. This year the HUBS and I are trying to be more mindful of pairing our meals with our workouts. On weight training days we try to eat high protein, low carb meals, and since every Indian dish tends to be pretty carb heavy, we created these: low carb kati rolls. These are a great alternative to naan (plain or garlic), have a decent amount of protein, and like the name states: low carb 🙌🏽. Scroll down to the bottom to see the complete nutrition information.
LOW CARB KATI ROLL RECIPE
KITCHEN CHARISMA SHAH
INGREDIENTS (12 SIX INCH DIAMETER KATI ROLLS)
- 1/2 c greek yogurt (2% fage)
- 1/2 c full fat cottage cheese
- 1/2 c quinoa flour
- 1/4 c vital gluten wheat flour
- 3/4 c whole white wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup of milk (we used protein nut milk)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- Mix all ingredients with electric mixer.
- Place dough in a warm place and allow to rise for at least 1 hour (I usually try to do 2 hours)
- Flour a surface for rolling. Pinch dough into smaller 1.5" round balls. Flatten and roll out into 6" diameter rolls.
- On a skillet/tava cook the dough on both sides until lightly browned.
- Lightly spread with ghee (optional).