CHEESY CHOLE POPOVERS
Finding something cooked & ready in the freezer is like finding money in your pockets! Suddenly your not dreading having to cook because you have a tasty, spicy FLAVORFUL meal ready to go. With that being said, pretty much anytime we make Indian shaaks/subjis (aka veggie entrees) we make double and set it aside for later. Well earlier this week we happened to come across some Chole in our freezer so we decided since we didn't have fresh baturas on hand we would make popovers out of it. Y'all. This might be the best decision we made this week.
CHEESY CHOLE POPOVER RECIPE
INGREDIENTS (12 POPOVERS)
- leftover chole (see homemade recipe here)
- 1 roll of puff pastry (cut into 12 even pieces)
- 1/2 c fresh pico de gallo
- 1/2 c of mozzarella cheese
- eggs (optional) whisked
- oven cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Prep a cupcake pan with nonstick spray
- Thaw 1 roll of puff pastry as instructed on the box (about 20 minutes). Cut roll into 12 even pieces. Roll each piece into 4 inch squares.
- Place pastry squares into cupcake pan. Lightly mold to cupcake pan shape.
- Spoon 1 tsp of cheese into pastry "cups" to create the bottom later.
- If using eggs, evenly pour into cups.
- Remove EXCESS LIQUID from the chole before spooning. Allocate into cups (about 1.5 tbs/cup).
- Add 1 tsp of cheese on top along with pico de gallo (again, remove excess liquid before).
- Bake for 15 minutes or until puff pastry is golden brown.