To celebrate an recent anniversary, the HUBS and I cooked dinner together. Since we basically always eat Indian & Mexican food, anniversaries call for Italian. We were trying to recreate a dish we had just tried at a local restaurant around here. Although this wasn't spot on, it was still pretty delicious. Enjoy!
MUSHROOM PAPPARDELLE IN AN HERBED WALNUT CREAM SAUCE RECIPE
KITCHEN CHARISMA SHAH
INGREDIENTS (SERVES 4)
- 1 box of oyster mushrooms (washed & shredded)
- 4 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 2 tbs butter
- 2 tbs EVOO
- 3 tbs chopped leeks
- 2 tbs crushed walnuts
- 1/3 c italian parsley (minced)
- 1/2 c heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 block boursin cheese
- 1 bag pappardelle pasta
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/2 c grated parmesan
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions listed on the package.
- In a separate container, melt the butter.
- Add the crushed walnuts and cook (while stirring occasionally) for 5 minutes or until walnuts become fragrant.
- Strain the butter from the walnuts and add the olive oil.
- Saute the garlic.
- Add the crushed red pepper and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the leeks and saute until transparent.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the boursin cheese and cook til melted and completely folded in.
- Add the cream and stir while increasing heat to medium. Stir constantly.
- Add the parmesan and stir until blended and the cream has thickened.
- Add this sauce to the pasta.
- Add other delicious veggies, like spinach and garnish with some parsley before serving.