KALE + QUINOA SALAD
KALE & QUINOA SALAD
KITCHEN CHARISMA SHAH (ADAPTED FROM LA GRANDE ORANGE)
INGREDIENTS (SERVES 6-8)
HERBED LEMON VINAIGRETTE
- 1 tsp grated shallot
- pinch kosher salt
- 1/4 c olive oil
- 1 tsp finely chopped parsley
- 1/4 c light balsamic vinaigrette
- 1 1/2 tsp honey
- 1/4 of a lemon (juice & zest)
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 bunch of kale (destemmed & finely chopped)
- 1/2 - 1 c cooked quinoa
- 1/3 c roasted sunflower seeds
- 1 large red bell pepper (diced)
- 2/3 c red seedless grapes (halved)
- 1/3 c shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/3 c grated manchego cheese
- Mix all ingredients of the salad together in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Thoroughly whisk all the ingredients of the dressing together just before dressing the salad.
- Dress as much salad as desired and serve.