BAKED DELICATA SQUASH SALAD RECIPE
KITCHEN CHARISMA SHAH
INGREDIENTS (SERVES 8-10)
- 2 delicata squash (halved lengthwise, seeds removed, cut into 1/2 inch rounds)
- pickled red onions (recipe here)
- pumpkin seeds (toasted)
- 1/2 c grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tbs dill (finely chopped)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tbs dijon mustard
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper/red mirchi
- pinch of cinnamon
- 1 pomegranate
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or a silicone mat.
- Lightly spray with oven cooking spray. Set aside.
- Cut the squash in half lengthwise. Remove the seeds.
- Cut the squash into 1/2 inch rounds. Place all rounds in ziplock bag.
- Toss in 1 tbs olive oil, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp sugar, cayenne pepper/red mirchi, cinnamon in the ziplock bag.
- Place on baking sheet in 1 layer (do not overlap).
- Bake for 30 minutes or until tender. Remove and allow to cool.
- In a squirt bottle, mix dill, ground black pepper, salt, white vinegar, olive oil and dijon mustard. Add water until desired salad dressing consistency is reached.
- Create salad by placing a couple squash on a plate with arugula, toasted pumpkin seeds, pickled onions, parmesan, dill creme fraiche, and pomegranate seeds.