HERBED MASHED POTATOES
HERBED MASHED POTATOES RECIPE
ADAPTED FROM VIVEK SURTI
INGREDIENTS (SERVES 8-10)
- 6 - 8 Yukon Gold small/medium potatoes
- 1 pint of heavy whipping cream
- 3 tsp minced garlic
- 10 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 4 tbs butter
- In a small saucepan, heat the oil. Add the garlic and saute until golden.
- Add the cream and the thyme. Bring to a light simmer and then remove from heat. Set aside.
- Place the potatoes in a large pot. Add water until all potatoes are covered.
- Bring to a light simmer. Cook until tender/steamed (approximately 15 - 30 minutes)
- Once potatoes are completely cooked (if you can't tell, stick a knife in them. The knife should easily go in and out of the potato without friction) allow to cool. Remove the skins.
- Using a masher, ricer, or fork - mash the potatoes until smooth and whipped.
- Remove the thyme from the cream mixture. Add the cream into the potatoes. Whip/stir until well blended.
- Garnish with chives before serving.