CREAMY ROASTED FENNEL DIP
INSPIRED BY 5TH & TAYLOR
KITCHEN CHARISMA SHAH
INGREDIENTS (SERVES 8-10)
- 1 large fennel bulb (coursely chopped)
- 1 large yellow onion (diced)
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1.5 tbs olive oil
- 2 tsp fennel seeds
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1 cup sour cream
- kosher salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with oven spray.
- Remove the stalk of the fennel bulb. Coursely chop the remaining bulb into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Dice the yellow onion.
- Toss the onion, fennel, garlic, fennel seeds, pinch of salt, and black pepper in the olive oil. Lay into even layer onto baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes on top rack or until browned (but not burnt!)
- Remove and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Blend the baked veggies with the sour cream until mostly creamy and smooth.
- Fold in the parmesan and serve with freshly baked vegetable chips or baked baguette!