TRUFFLE MUSHROOM FETTUCCINI
TRUFFLE MUSHROOM FETTUCCINI RECIPE
KITCHEN CHARISMA SHAH
INGREDIENTS (SERVES 4)
- 1/2 box of fettuccine
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tbs butter
- 2 tsp truffle oil
- 1/8 tsp dried parsley
- pinch of crushed red pepper
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tbs minced shallot
- 7-10 dried mushrooms (blended into a powder)
- 1 tsp minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/3 cup of starchy water from boiled pasta
- 2/3 c grated parmesan
- Cook pasta according to instructions on the box.
- While the pasta is cooking, melt the butter in a nonstick pan over medium-low heat
- Add the truffle oil.
- Add the minced garlic and sauté until golden.
- Add the minced shallots and sauté until translucent.
- Add the pinch of crushed red pepper, dried parsley and sauté for about a minute.
- Add the cream and milk, bring to a light simmer.
- Add the powdered dried mushrooms. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the parmesan and stir slowly until completely melts.
- Drain most of the starchy water from the boiled pasta, keep 1/3 cup and add to the sauce along with the boiled pasta.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and stir.