HERBED CHICKPEA + EDAMAME BURGER
When the HUBS and I were dating, he took me to this place called TRUE FOODS KITCHEN. Its a restaurant that really focuses on clean eating and is incredibly veggie friendly. Although initially I was SUPER skeptical about clean eating, I was pleasantly surprised. The HUBS recommended their "inside out quinoa burger". It basically tastes like tzatziki smothered goodness topped with fresh veggies. I became addicted. Literally anytime I was in town visiting, we had to go to TRUE FOODS. Eventually I got smart and tried recreating this delicious dish. Enjoy!
HERBED CHICKPEA + EDAMAME BURGER RECIPE
KITCHEN INSPIRED BY TRUE FOODS KITCHEN
INGREDIENTS (Yields 6-8 patties)
- 1 can of garbanzo beans
- 1/3 c of freshly chopped parsley
- 1 c steamed edamame (just the beans!)
- 1 c cooked quinoa
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp lemon pepper seasoning
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp red mirchi (cayenne pepper)
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1/3 c quinoa flour
- 2 slices of toasted whole wheat bread (optional - for gluten free up the flour)
- salt to taste
- BURGER TOPPINGS: lettuce, tomatoes, tzatziki sauce, hummus, onions, avocado and cucumber
NOTE: we eat this burger sans patti (hence gluten free!)
- Steam your garbanzos & edamame in the microwave until easily mashable.
- Add your spices, parsley, olive oil, garbanzos, edamame and toasts (if using) into a blender. Blend completely.
- Remove from blender and add flour until batter no longer sticks to the sides. Roll into balls to make your patties. Cook on griddle and serve with fresh veggies, tzatziki sauce and hummus.