I love Mexican food. Even though I'm Indian, Mexican food is our household staple. We eat it like four times a week. Its just so easy and you can insert basically any veggies you want. These enchiladas are inspired by my best friend's mom. Anytime we are all home for the holidays, she'll make us enchiladas and 7-layer dip. To this day, I have no clue what goes in those delicious enchiladas, but here is my version inspired by essentially my second mom.
VEGETABLE ENCHILADAS RECIPE
KITCHEN INSPIRED BY NEERU AUNTIE
- 2 1/2 tbs olive oil
- whole wheat tortillas
- 1 can El Pato jalapeño sauce
- 1 zuchinni (peeled & grated)
- 1 pack baby bella mushrooms (chopped)
- 1/2 onion (diced)
- 4-5 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 c chopped spinach
- 1/2 can refried beans (vegetarian)
- 1/2 can black beans (drained & rinsed)
- 1/2 c chopped green onions
- 1 tsp pico de gallo seasoning
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- mexican blend shredded cheese
- La Victoria Red Enchilada Sauce
- salt to taste
- sour cream
- heat the olive oil in a nonstick skillet.
- sauté the garlic
- add the grated zucchini, cook for about 1-2 minutes
- add the chopped baby bella mushrooms and cook till the mushrooms shrink
- add the chopped spinach and cook till the spinach shrinks
- add 1/3 c of green onions (save the remaining for garnishing)
- add the refried and black beans. Stir.
- in a separate container, mix half of the enchilada sauce can with the entire el pato sauce can. add some freshly chopped cilantro
- take a tortilla, place the bean & veggie mixture in the middle & wrap. place in an oven safe container. repeat as needed.
- pour the combined enchilada sauce mixture on top.
- add cheese
- bake for 20 - 30 min at 350F
- garnish with sour cream & green onions.