Every person has their personal favorite ethnic food. The HUBS loves Thai food. The little brothers love Mexican (who doesn't??). The parents love Indian (big surprise there). But why pick one when you can pick fusion food?? I love Indo-Chinese. Yes this is a real thing. And yes its the best of two worlds. In most cases, indo-chinese is a wee bit involved. Lots of minced veggies and too many ingredients to count, so its usually saved for special occasions. This dish however is perfect for the noncommittal. Its spicy and tangy. Not to mention basically an upgrade to regular french fries. The best part - its super easy! Oh yea and only has 5 ingredients.
CRISPY CHILLI POTATOES RECIPE
KITCHEN CHARISMA SHAH
INGREDIENTS (SERVES 8)
- 1 bag frozen shoestring french fries (regular or sweet sweet potato depending on your preference)
- 1 tbs minced garlic
- 1 bunch green onions (chopped finely)
- 1/2 bottle of Ching's Schezwan Stir Fry Sauce
- 2 tbs olive oil
- Bake the frozen french fries according to package instructions. Make sure to spray your baking sheet with cooking spray! The fries should be more crispy.
- In a skillet, heat the olive oil.
- Add and saute the minced garlic until golden brown.
- Add the schezwan sauce and bring to a light simmer.
- In batches, add the french fries and mix until evenly coated with sauce.
- Garnish with green onions and serve while still hot!